Near the Old port and the Panier quarter, the Grande Savonnerie will teach you the history of a typical product of our city, the "Savon de Marseille".
The workshop open it's doors to let you discover all the hand made manufacture process. At the begining of your visit, a soap master will learn you all you have to know about the history of this provencal product. After that you will make your own soap following the traditional Provencal process.
This activity will initiate you into the Provencal culture in a joyful atmosphere and a welcoming surroundings.
Moreover, we thought of everything so that your visit is as pleasant as possible:
- several parking spaces for buses in front of the museum
- PMR access at each stage of the visit
- multilingual reception
- a capacity of more than 100 people at the same time in the museum, and 50 people in the workshop space
- a specific "education" tariff
- a continuous opening from 9am in the morning until 5pm
- a flexible visit according to your constraints between 45 minutes and 1h30
Renting a Marseille cottage with views on sea and Notre-Dame de la Garde